Dance School Terms and Conditions
Enrolment forms must be completed at the start of each year for ALL students. Enrolment is for one calendar year. Your enrolment will be carried over to the next term and a place will be held for you in your chosen class(es) unless we are otherwise notified. A minimum of two weeks’ notice is required to cancel or change classes, or the full-term fee will be payable as the position in the class was held for you. No refund is given for students deciding to cease classes before the end of term. Failure to turn up to class is not classified as notification.
We do not offer refunds or discounts for classes missed as you are still holding a place in your class and overheads must be paid. However, you are encouraged to enquire about a makeup class for any missed classes.
Fees are due within 2 weeks of term commencement. An Administration fee of $10.00 will apply to fees paid after the due date. Fees are non-refundable for classes missed, or if your child does not complete the entire term. There is a 20% reduction to the fees for each additional child from the same family (the lesser fee being reduced).
Regular attendance is a necessity as each student is important to the progress of the class as a whole. The Principal must be notified if a student cannot attend class. Lessons that are missed because of sickness or holidays are not refundable. These classes can be made-up where possible by attending a class close to that students level. (Ie. missed grade 1 class can be made up by taking a grade 2 class.)
Only the correct dance uniform (as described in the uniform section) is to be worn in class. Students should be neatly groomed at all times. All articles of clothing must be clearly named. The principal or staff will take no responsibility for any lost property.
Class Arrival / Departure
Parents are required to escort their child to the Studio and wait with them until the commencement of class. If parents must drop children off early then the child must be brought into the classroom to wait with the teacher. No students should be left in the waiting area without supervision. Parents are requested to call for their children immediately after class. All children must stay inside the studio until parents arrive. The Scout Hall has station car parking available, please do not double park or park in the driveway.
Parents and friends are not permitted into the studio during class times. Parents may attend the open days held in the last week of Term One and Term Two. If siblings accompany parents to view class, they must remain seated and quiet. NO food or drink is permitted in the Studio.
Participation in our Annual Concert in December is encouraged and expected. Please notify Miss Julie immediately if your child cannot participate in the performance.
Parents must inform Miss Julie, the Principal, of any Medical / Allergy conditions.
- It is understood and agreed that the Bell-Rose Academy of Dance will not be responsible for any injuries incurred during class activities or for the loss of personal effects or clothing.
- Any scheduled class having 4 or less students enrolled may, at the Principal’s discretion be cancelled.
- Photos of your child may be used in advertising and promotional materials UNLESS you specify otherwise.
- It is expected that Student’s are enrolled only at the Bell-Rose Academy of Dance and not any other Dance School which may cause conflicts.
- I understand and accept that due to the nature of dance training that some physical contact may be necessary by the teacher to demonstrate exercises or technique during class or if there is a need to administer first aid.
- Student mobile phones should be in bags and on Silent. Mobile devices are NOT to be used in the classroom unless with the Teachers Permission.